Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stressful Society

One of my dear friends here is 88 years old.  She survived being in the Royal Air Force in England during WWII, the death of her husband, transplanting her life to South Florida from England at the request of her daughter, the death of her son-in-law a week ago.  I hope she survives being severely beaten and mugged this week by a punk ass twenty something on his bike inside her secure senior community.  The gated community that requires ID to get through the date from everyone in the car and takes down car license plates when you go into visit anyone. 

Patricia Knight is a lively fun woman who perches on the bar stool down the street from where I live and on occasions I get the pleasure of sitting next to her to discuss everything from world affairs to the latest books.  We swap books back and forth while sipping chardonnay and iced water.  She always compliments me on something I am wearing, how I look or just exudes pleasure at my coming out to visit her (us writer types can be a tad reclusive).

I hope that punk ass kid gets educated by the guys in the prison system who love their moms and grandmothers.  She couldn't have had more than ten bucks in her purse at the most and doesn't wear any jewelry.  To me this is a hate crime and should be prosecuted as such.  Slime ball.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about a hate crime, but it sure sounds like terrorism to me.

    ReplyDelete