Monday, April 4, 2011

Eighty Degrees and sunny - yes really!

Not that anyone in the colder parts of the country want to hear this but I was in the pool all weekend long on and off.  Hosted a friend's first baby shower.  She basically did most of the work since she is very assured in what she wants.  But still I think fun was had by all. 

Naturally all the pool time means a tad bit red today from the sun even though I used sunscreen often.  Dang tropics.

My folks are driving from Southern California to New Hampshire next month for my nephew's first communion.  My dad won't even go get a trip-ticket from AAA yet because he knows there can be tons of storms between now and then that can change the path of the trip.  Up until this weekend he actually was trying to talk my mom into flying (something she hasn't done in a dozen or so years easily) but with the Southwest issue that certainly won't be happening.

On my way home during the week I've been driving various ways and there's this little drawbridge I end up getting caught waiting some days but still it's oddly enjoyable to see. It reminds me of my childhood and going through Long Beach waiting for the various bridges in the journey.  Life tends to be like a road with a drawbridge - even with the posted hours every now and then we experience delays.  I am trying to work that into my world as a time to stop and see the beauty in my surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment