Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring has sprung

Some rain has taken to falling in drips and drabbles some days and torrential down pours on others.  Nothing like last year so naturally the word 'drought' is being liberally spattered across the airwaves. 

Easter Sunday was gorgeous and there was a nice breeze so I didn't over cook for a change.  Sat by the pool and had a good time chatting and swimming when the mood struck me.  Of course I did the cooking bit.  Brown Sugar Ham, scalloped potatoes, bean casserole, creamed corn and a tossed salad.  Deviled eggs for nosh and choice of cupcakes or Peach Betty with whipped cream for dessert.  Chardonnay for beverage along with liberal doses of water.  I picked up Pat, the 87 year old I mentioned earlier, from Century Village (yes the joke is you need to be about a century old to live there).  She's having trouble sleeping since her mugging and one of my other friends took her home.  She had a great time telling tales about her days in World War II.  She and I discussed death - since her son-in-law just passed and she recalled how angry she was when her husband died.  She worries about how her daughter is holding up since John died and her daughter is coming in tomorrow so she'll get to see.  They are supposed to scatter his ashes somewhere down here and have a bit of time to talk. 

I didn't do half as much writing as I wanted (nothing unusual on holiday weekends) but I liked what I did get down.  Not too much more.  I drive by Trump Tower in Boca at least three or four times a week (one of the routes with less traffic) and when I get caught by THAT bridge I snap a pic of the fountain, palm trees and pink building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment