Friday, April 8, 2011

Discordant and distraught

So I left my cell phone on at lunch and ran down the battery during the 5 hours before I left work.  Naturally I didn't call my sister like I tend to on Thursday.  Once my phone is charged I get a text saying my BIL is back in the hospital for something wrong with his kidneys.  I call my sister and listen to the week she's had and then calm her down because she's talking on her cell while out to dinner with the kids and I don't want them worrying anymore than they already are.  I pointed out to her in a very soft voice to remember how we felt when my grandparents were ill and died and my mom freaked out in front of us.  She did lower her anxious tones and I got her to laugh. 

I cried once off the phone.  It's so hard to hear how much suffering my BIL is going through and how many things keep getting screwed up.  Sister goes hysterical and there's not much more I can do.  So I then called my big brother to keep him up to date so if icky stuff happens he knows.  Afterwards I call my mom's best friend and get her up to speed in case things don't start getting better.  It looks like a long phone intense weekend ahead of me. 

Oh, and heatwave expected.  Supposed to hit the 90s!

1 comment:

  1. Kidney drama sucks. So painful. I will keep your sister and her husband in my prayers. And the kids, too.

    ReplyDelete