Wednesday, April 27, 2011

80 degrees at daybreak


I can honestly say it's a bit warm.

Tropical Colors

Vivid reds and plum shades dance in the sunlight
Often deep into the night
The winds blow from the East
Africa soil dusting my car
Humidity giving my skin a sheen
Moisture thick in the air

Green parrots aloft dipping in the sky
Pelicans charting their flight into the sea
A cardinal spotted flying under the drawbridge
While the currents swirl through the waterways
Iguanas sunning on the docks

Spring is ever changing with the tides
Waves cresting and falling flat
The Gulf Stream pulling against the current
Fins and flippers flashing briefly

Lightning ripping across the horizon
As rain spatters here and there
Time keeps going on and on

Such are the sights and sounds
Of the Southern path

I find myself on.

27 April 2011


2 comments: