Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long Holiday Weekend

Always makes for a busy week following.  Add in this is month end so buried in things to do.  I had a good weekend but I am more than a bit tired.  Got my tale typed up for Sand by the skin of my teeth.  I have the next bit in long hand I still need to transcribe and do an edit.  I now have two stories eating at my spleen.  Okay, maybe not the spleen, just the mind.  I am consumed by both different characters.  The one, as-of-yet-unnamed, gal is a Holly Golightly sort in the strange architecture of my vampire lands.  She's got some history that is yet to be told.  She first showed up for "With No Announcement" writing prompt and when given "Good Morning :)" she naturally had a bit of time on her hands to fill my mind.  Well, she didn't let go with a simply 2,000 words but seems to be running amok as only my female characters can. 

With the sudden death of my friend David I have been treading softly with my tale "The Building".  I find myself scratching out things as they are too dark, even for me.  I know I am still angry by the loss and this weekend was the first time a lot of us got together since we heard he'd passed away last week.  We taped a picture of him flashing a peace sign that was taken in March to one of the outside poles under the covered tables where we all usually sit around bs'ing and cooling off from sitting in the sun.  Last weekend we began playing a dice game LRC (Left Right Center) that has become a new pastime for us when there are more than 4 of us outside and not in the pool.  The group I hang out with are all in their late 40s to mid 60s and thus we grew up playing dice, cards or board games during the summer time.  It's better than watching TV and letting it rot your brain.

3 of the gals joined me yesterday seeing the latest Pirates movie.  Smuggled in Walgreen candies and water and one of the ladies sprung for tub of buttered popcorn.  We laughed and enjoyed it while it was hot and humid outside.  I laughed and enjoyed the silliness that only Johnny Depp can bring to a roll.  Pictures snapped but still in the camera or up in Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment