Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weary

Once I got home I had to plug my cell phone into the charger and begin my calls.  It wasn't pretty.  Telling friends I'd just seen over the weekend one of our friends was dead was exhausting.  In between my making calls my dad called to let me know he and my mom had finally made it home safely.  One of the hotels they had stayed at was the Hampton Inn or some chain like that in the town in Missouri that was decimated (Joplin).  That hurt the pit of my stomach.  Not ten minutes later my older brother called to let me know the folks were home.  I didn't mention that "Daddy" called me first *slight grin*

A memorial service is being planned for David.  It was tough last night cause pictures are being posted over facebook of David.  He wasn't big on his picture being posted so I have yet to dig into my files (yes I have some good ones).  Heart sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment