Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rant Delayed due to Rain

So I was mentally scripting a long rant about the drought conditions and how horrible it has been for the state.  I had some facts from a few weather geek articles and was planning on coming in this morning and posting away.  I got out of my car at work to a fine mist that worked its way towards a decent rain.  It's been raining on and off for the last 4 hours.  Thus Delay of Rant due to Rain. 

The bougainvillea flowers are so crisp and pretty but not very hearty.  The bushes were in bloom for the past few weeks but the rain last Friday took them all off.  I did get a picture snapped before the deluge.

Carved out an hour last night to write and have another one scheduled tonight.  My brother sent my belated Christmas early birthday gift yesterday.  I was happily surprised by the stuff included with a little check for fun (the rules are birthday money is to be spent on wants not needs).  I got fuzzy dice obviously picked by my niece (vaguely colorful ones not the black and white), a bright yellow (wincing here) t-shirt from Encinitas Surfboards where brother used to make surfboards a few decades ago and still has a cadre of chums who let him play with boards now and then.  Best of all was the inclusion of a car sticker from Disneyland.  If I put on my car I'll snap a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I hope your rant continues to be delayed. Save the research material for future use.

    ReplyDelete