Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fifty what?

I don't feel any different than yesterday.  A bit tired but then that may have more to do with the cognac I had with dinner than aging.  Light rain fall on and off last night cut some of the heat for the moment but it promises to be in the 90s later. 

My neighbor (the no longer missing one) text me at 6:15 happy birthday, put a purple star balloon and card on my car.  It was sweet.  And yes my sister did pack and wrap 50 gifts with the help of my niece.  One of the gifts was a topsy-turvy tomato plant, with a huge hook to screw into somewhere to hang the plant.  I will ponder the best place and let you all know how it works.  Everyone I know who has tried the plants were not successful.  So we will see. 

Sushi for lunch!  Woohoo. 

2 comments:

  1. Hint for tomato: use a soil that is heavily amended with peat moss, otherwise the soil tends to pack rock hard.

    Good luck with the tomato and the aging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a milestone. Hope you had the chance to savor it.

    ReplyDelete