Monday, May 9, 2011

Summer time sunshine

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all those with children.

I called mine at 6 pm last night since Saturday it was not good trying to talk with my folks on the road.  They went from Nevada to Colorado on hwy 70 and 76 or 76 and 70 (Mom isn't always clear) and were supposed to head up to 80 to finish the cross country trek.  Saturday they were pulling into Grand Junction CO and Dad's cell phone went bye-bye.  He left me a message later telling me to get my company to buy up cell towers in Colorado. 

At 6 pm last night I figured I'd be the last child calling in and thus at the bottom of the rung on Mom's 'list' (we all hit it one time or another).  Instead to my shock I was the first.  We chatted (okay Mom talked and I made all the right replies) and then I quickly called my older brother and sister and let them know mom was in cell range.  I figured my younger brother is usually Mom's fave so he could spend a few days on bottom of the list.  My older brother and I figure we will take turns calling to check on the folks daily so I got Sat and he supposed to call today.  This way we know they aren't broken down in Pittsburgh wondering why nobody cares.  Younger brother is supposed to be in the phone loop but his schedule is so erratic who knows when he'll get a call in to them. 

Lots of my friends had their mother's pass this year and I felt for them all.  It's never easy losing a family member but certain days cause the hole in the heart to drift a bit larger.  I did get a chance to catch up with Mom and for that I was thankful.  I do treasure the time I have had with my parents even the bittersweet.  It all makes up the family and it should be nurtured whenever possible. 

Work's already working my nerves because of IT issues.  *sigh* some things never change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment