Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More sleep!

I wake up lately too early after going to bed too late.  My own fault on the too late but the too early is a function of breathing and restless brain.  The winds shifted sometime in the middle of the night stirring up a bit more of the pollution from the Everglades fire through the house.  Coughing out my lungs is not my idea of any sort of fun.  Then I am awake and my brain saying, "Get up and put the computer on and start writing" while my body says, "Try for another half hour of sleep".  Neither get their way and I am left tossing and turning.

I knew I needed a few things for the office so I made the mistake of stopping by Walgreen's before 7am.  The zombies live!!!  It is surreal at that hour.  I am not a person who speaks in the morning.  If I can make it til 9 or 10 without exchanging any more than a "morning" or "hi" that is a good day.  The woman behind me in line wouldn't shut up about the school system and how she homeschooled her kids.  That she neglected to brush her teeth was odorously apparent and I was less than happy.  No wonder drive-through places are so popular!  Michigan had drive through stores (not just liquor 'package' stores but like 7/11 places).  There's one down the street from me but they keep getting closed for selling illegal items.  Not Wheaties with milk crowd but more the herbalicious sorts.  They are closing the pill mills locally so there is a ready market for dopes.  One of the local high school's just arrested 23 kids from a long sting operation which is much like the TV show '21 Jump Street' without Johnny Depp. 

Here's the promised sunrise and what the lizards were doing when I left home yesterday.



1 comment:

  1. I identify with the your morning demeanor. For years, Sand and I had a rule that nothing said before 10 a.m. counted because we were such miserable cranks in the morning. We have mellowed with age fortunately.

    ReplyDelete