Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sunny morning

Well I took some sunrise shots I wasn't crazy about.  There wasn't enough pollution in the air I guess.  That said I took a picture of a tree outside work.  Banyan Tree if I am not mistaken.  Either way it's that swamp sort of tree you see in creepy movies.  Thus a natural for me.

Fire hazard is still high in the area due to the unseasonably hot temps and the fact it hasn't been raining enough.  Last Friday it rained tons but that doesn't make up for the missing rainfall.  It does cut down on the humidity and raises mosquitoes like it's the state bird. 

Yesterday I wrote but didn't get time to put into computer.  I need to carve a few hours out in the next few days.  I may take off early today or tomorrow and concentrate on editing and writing.  That said, I can hear God laughing at my making plans.  I need to cause my muse is hungry (thus my nightmares are pretty much from the second I fall asleep until I wake up not sure where I am). 

Trying to help a friend get into a drug treatment program down here.  In California I had tons of connections and my old company had clinics all over but here I only have a few old connections and they haven't returned any calls yet.  My friend was injured horrifically on a job years ago (laminating machine and his right arm) and the downside of all the operations and learning to use his arm again was painkiller addition which migrated to heroin.  He is one of my Lost Boys.  A talented musician still with the rebuilt arm and all.  His mom is dying of cancer and he home cares for her so I really am pushing to get him into a program so she doesn't have to bury him.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I am always inspired by people who do not close their eyes to the suffering in the world and who try to do what they can to help.

    Sand was right, you are a nice person.

    ReplyDelete