Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Child

I always have liked May.  No matter where I was living.  Spring was out in Nevada, Michigan, California and Florida at some point.  Granted in two out of four of those places I also got snowed on during May but I digress.  Weather is making the news in equal measure as politics and the price of everything.  Mammoth Mountains had record snow fall I was told by my older brother who wasn't happy that he didn't have a ski pass this year.  The twisters that ripped through the mid-west have forced my dad to revise his travel from SoCal to New Hampshire.  He's heading north and along the snow path rather than the tornado zone.  My sister hopes to have her house habitable by then.  The water damage that happened Good Friday caused her to go to the hotel instead of serving her Easter Ham in her house.  She doesn't have a kitchen yet either.  I guess brother-in-law is on forced diet.  No medical mishaps this week but the week is young.  She's had a year that's for sure. 

I wanted to pop in the pool when I got home last night but one thing led to another and it was after dark before I even put a toe in.  Tonight doesn't look any better since I have a list of 'to do' stuff. 

I didn't get to write as much yesterday as I wanted.  My story "Good Morning" is pushing into my head far more than my story "The Building" yet both are winding their way in and out of my dreams.  I used real locations I've visited or lived for both story lines so that has something to do with the dreamscapes.  Okay, those who know me...nightmares.

Just talked with coworker about "The Other" which she had confused with "The Others".  Movie buffs probably recall the 1972 creepy story penned by the actor-slash-writer Tom Tyron.  Set in the 1930's it is a haunting tale of twins that stays with you long after you put down the book or the movie fades.  "The Others" which my coworker knew about is 2001 tale with Nicole Kidman and set in WWII with boys that can't be in light.  Spooky from the write up but I've not seen it.  Never been that great of a Nicole Kidman fan.  I like watching creepy movies during dark evenings.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment