Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Yeah, I know I'm old

I remember the 'fall line up' was a much anticipated event when I was a kid.  The TV guide arrived with all these glossy pictures of stars and the shows that were coming.  My siblings and I would pour over the pages and talk about the upcoming Fall Season.  Since back in the day we didn't have cable much less more than a half dozen stations it was manna.  We were tingling with excitement waiting to see who would guest star on the returning series.  Made deals with folks doing chores so we could pick a show. 

Cut to this morning.  Local radio show talking about 'what shows are you looking forward to seeing?' and all I can think is ...it's September right?  Oh, yeah.  *shrug*  The gloss is off the pages and with all the other cable stations there's always something I haven't seen on and fall line up doesn't mean what it used to.


1 comment:

  1. I am still amazed that there can be so many channels -- well over a hundred -- and there can nothing good on. You're right, when we were kids, there was ABC, CBS, NBC and the educational channel (WQED in Pittsburgh, home of Mister Rogers). Those weren't necessarily the good ole days, but cable and its infinite choice isn't what it promised either.

    ReplyDelete