Monday, September 19, 2011

Shiver me timbers!

Did you find yourself saying, "Arrrrggg" today?  Or perhaps calling a coworker a worthless land lover?  Mistakenly call the service person at the restaurant a "saucy wench"?  Did you call out in traffic, "Avast ye matey!"  Then you are aware it's the international Talk Like a Pirate Day.
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

I first heard about it in one of Dave Barry's smart assed columns.  Since then on and off there are snippets of it that crop into the local morning talk shows and on the news.  I think more than one of us wanted to be a pirate at some point in our lives.  Some of us may have succeeded (you know who you are!)  I think we need silly holidays at times.  And with the depressing news and the wild weather it seems like a Pirates' Life for Me needs to be sung out loudly.   Let me go find a Johnny Depp movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment