Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ouchie

As some of you all know I am a klutz.  Past few days my moon must be over the equinox of Don Q or something (I never am good with the astrology stuff * grin * ).  During a break in the rain storms on Sunday I took a walk and a skid.  The skid on slick 'gypsy asphalt' as in the stuff cute guys sell off the back of their truck to idiots who think they are getting a resurfacing of the lots/driveway.  Once it rains the 'asphalt' becomes a slick painted surface and the oil washs away leaving an adult slip'n slide without the fun of childhood.  Smacked left knee and toe and ouched the right wrist. 

Cut to yesterday.  Got sent home half hour early cause my supervisor asked to see my knee and said it was swelling too much and I should go home and elevate and ice it.  I said, sure and hobbled.  Short Piker meeting but fun seeing folks.  Then between rain storms I decided to put recycle stuff out and toss out the kitchen garbage.  I notice the basement was left open and light on.  I try to reach in to flick off light and my foot hits the wooden step and apparently a blob of water and I fall ass first down the dozen or so steps - naturally catching my left forearm and right forearm on the wooden steps not to mention middle of shoulder blade and tush!  And I thought my knee hurt!  Cripes.  Or that should be crip...pllllling myself.  Argh.  My supervisor said she ought to smack me and I said if she could find a spot I hadn't already damaged to go for it. 

I really need my vacation!

1 comment: