Thursday, September 22, 2011

Last day of Summer

Kind of hard to believe it but summer is officially over tomorrow.  Yep, it's autumn already.  Most of the known globe experiences weather changes but here not so much.  It's going to be in the high 80s today which is better than the high 90s but still not sweater weather by any means. 

As my trip home nears I am doing the mental gymnastics of how to squeeze in everyone and everything I want to get done in the week I'll be there.  Prep work first is getting my flu shot so I don't land sick.  Plane traveling pretty much guarantees exposure to some nasty bugs.  Having already been sick twice this past month I am pretty much done with that for a while.  I know many folks don't bother with flu shots but I've noticed the years I skipped I got ill with one thing or another.  Influenza has literally changed entire towns - we as humans tend to forget our past. 

I started my summer book reviews.  Launched one last night to Sand and I hope to have two more done tonight.  For me finding the right quotes to give a reader a taste of the writer's voice is pretty important.  It's not always easy because some of the passages I like wind up being pages of imagery and that's not a good review.  These were all 'donated' or 'loaned' books so it means I read outside my comfort zone.  Sort of like school - someone else picks the book.  One or two surprised me given the author wrote them a dozen plus years ago.  After I finish the books I tend to then go see what I can find on the writer and some things definitily surprised me about the various writers. 

Outside my office building....just at dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment