Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spam!

I don't know why I check my spam folder but it's one of those little quirks.  At times family have sent things that landed there by mistake but usually it's just filled with offers to sex up my life or get me doped from quality products suddenly available from Canada and Mexico.  It's been a while since bankers have been trying to help me but the emails have begun again. Mr. Hassam Mohamed needed an urgent response.  And I am his 'Dear Friend'.  I mean how cruel I must be that I didn't find a second to kindly read past the box that deletes the unread missive? 

Sadly MR. BARRY MARTINS shouted at me from the outset and I wasn't even curious as to which corner of the globe he works with the Finance Monetary Unit in the 'United...'.  Wow, he works with the Finance Monetary Unit?? Ah...that's ah...special? 

Is there anyone out in the 'real' world actually falling for these emails still?  I hear of the folks that get duped by door-to-door collections.  Hell, one stupid lady let a murderer in her house figuring it had to be the a/c repairman because he was supposed to stop inside.  She flung herself out of the third story window of her condo and two years later is the proud recipient of a 1.8 MILLION dollar lawsuit because the community that ran the ghetto - I mean low income housing - hadn't done enough to protect her from opening the door to strangers.  Maybe she wasn't that stupid?  At least one lawyer is going to be wealthy.  Hey, I wonder what his email is?

1 comment:

  1. I have been getting lots of spam for bras...none of the money scams, just bras. I don't know why they've targeted me; all my bras are fine.

    ReplyDelete