Monday, October 31, 2011

Yes I did subcumb

I had to.  It wasn't like I had a choice.  There was the right sized pumpkin and the weather had turned coolish.  I carved him from the bottom up as suggested and stuck a candle inside (not like they suggest but somehow safety lights don't give the same wet scent of baked pumpkin).  Now if the rain and winds hold off my neighbors may actually see the damn thing!

Went to a hilariously fun Halloween party at my friends home on Saturday.  The rain foiled my attempts to make massive waves of curly hair.  I did my best for over an hour and then sprayed the hell out of my head with 'humidity resistant' hairspray (sort of like old Aquanet in the days when our moms were busy burning holes in the ozone layer) and ended up piling my hair on top of my head and clipping it.  *shrugs* took two shampoos to get the 'crunchy' feeling out of my hair.  One of my friend's came dressed as the "Tooth Fairy" complete with tutu and star wand.  He is quite the large man and his belly hung low in the costume giving us all a rather unwelcome view of his belly button but he was so funny!  "Just call me Tooth"  as others kept saying, "Hey Fairy? Want to show us your wand?"  He even had 'fairy dust' glitter on.  It was priceless.  We all needed the laugh.  This year a few of us have buried friends and parents so cutting loose was fun.  The couple who hosted the party set up each room 'scary'.  Way fun. 

Tomorrow NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment