Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Little by little

I am filling lists of things to remember to take with me and then looking at TSA list to see if my list is even legal.  Meh.  I used to love flying.  I eagerly plotted where I'd go and who I'd see or what I'd do.  The plane trip was part of the fun.  I tended to make a light snack for my journey since I am not a fan of fast food.  I would carefully cut up my carrot and celery sticks.  Hard boil an egg, slice up an apple or two. Pick out some good cheese and crackers and put inside Ziploc bags or Tupperware depending on the journey.  If it was a vacation trip with someone picking me up on the other end (versus car rental) I may slip in a few small bottles of adult beverages (yes, I have always been cheap - plus I love those little bottles!) to mix with my water or soda on the plane (yes, kids back in the day we actually got free drinks on a plane along with food for free).

Now I am busy downloading the latest rules and regulations and sighing.  I shipped my box of books to the folks so they can start scarfing through them for their upcoming 3 week cruise.  I found out SWA only allows 50 pound bags for check-in or they charge $50!!! That definitely makes it a pain since my check-in bags usually average about 50 pounds.  They do allow two check-in bags so I am thinking of half ass filling two bags and filling them up when heading back.  *argh*  I did find out it is supposed to be 60s to 70s when I land.  For me that will be cold.  I have one jacket here.  Truly - just one.  Naturally I have 5 or 6 in storage.  I am thinking of donating clothes from storage before coming home just because I haven't needed the winter wear in 2 years and doubt I will be any time soon. 

Yet, still I am looking forward to the journey.  Journeys are always eye opening in some manner.  Only time will tell what this one holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment