Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Naturally

Best laid plans....

No, I still am going on vacation just hit a curve.  Suzanne was supposed to take me to airport Friday.  I text messaged her yesterday since I hadn't heard from her in a week.  I knew she was helping her mom move on the other side of the state.  Sure enough I get this long voicemail telling me she isn't going to make it back in time to drive me Friday.  But she called Nick (my friend whose son is slowly dying at home by the canal) and asked him to take me.  I called Nick and he thanked me because now Suzanne owes him.  Or as he put it, "She'll take me out for a drink and I'll pay for it." 

Nick's a retired cop from NYC and he told me not to worry about getting there on time because between his badge, HEMI in his souped up car and his radar detector its a sure thing.  I laughed.  He's also on tap to pick me up if Cathy can't.  There was no way I was going to leave my car at the airport for $15 a day.  Cha-ching $120 minimum!

Haven't packed a darn thing.  Its been a busy week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment