Monday, October 10, 2011

Falling Palm fronds

My walks this weekend were windy, palm frond strewn paths.  There was some rain but most of it seemed to fall between Saturday and Sunday.  The winds were ten to twenty miles per hour and really caused some noise while I tried to sleep.  The house I live in was built in the 40-50's and heavy thick walls which are wonderful unfortunately are slightly undermined by the old fashioned crank-shaft vertical windows.  The panes rattle and buckle with the gust of wind thwacking the frame of the windows all night long.  Makes for some sleepless nights. 

With all the rains not many folks popped in.  Not to say nobody just not too many.  My neighbor had a bad day Saturday so I talked her through it and made some chocolate chip cookies yesterday.  She laughed.  Because we all know a chocolate chip cookie can make the day all better!

Not having access to the internet at home meant I actually got some things done for my trip.  Dumb things like getting the suitcases out of the basement and using the space storage bags stored inside the luggage to store my linens I have been meaning to store.  I have started my lists.  My mother taught me to make lists from my head down to me toes what I want to pack then toss the stuff at the luggage during the week.  The idea is you stay organized.  It sounds good but doesn't always work that way.  It's not like I can't buy anything when I hit my 'destination spot'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment