Monday, April 30, 2012

Welcome to the neighborhood now get a clue!

I was home Friday to catch up on my chaotic existence and not be a work.  The added benefit is the new neighbors work Monday through Fridays and thus it was quiet!  I did laundry, cleaned the house, cleaned out the fridge, sent off a box of books to mom, frosted the leftover layer of Red Velvet cake as a surprise for my friend - her birthday was earlier in year and I'd frozen a layer so she could enjoy and not have to share, picked up Chinese food and discovered the owner was from San Fransisco and was roughly my age and had grown up skiing same places I did up in Tahoe.  All of this naturally before noon.  Wrote a bit (yeah actually fed the nightmare machine), read a bit and then sauntered down to see my friend with the cake.  She was shocked and delighted.

I'd heard it was going to be a rainy weekend possible (40% possibility which usually means I get a light sunburn).  Oh boy did they underestimate that storm.  Two to three inches of rain during the weekend at first report this morning with the weather casters admitting it was probably more.  The thunder and lightning started at 11:15 pm on Friday night and rumbled on and off all weekend.  Lightning chased the thunder and windy rain.  So perfect weather for me.  It also meant there wouldn't be any kids drowning in the pool this weekend.  Naturally they still had parties both Saturday and Sunday.  They seem to treat the entire common area in the back as exclusively theirs.  I went over to my friend Michele's work on Saturday and had a great time.  She works at this really old bar that has entertainment in the evenings.  Old folks dancing to live music.  They call all day asking who's playing and when the music starts.  We swap news and mock folks who are regulars.  This past Saturday the band was setting up and tuning their instruments for a good hour.  They didn't seem to have it together and from what Michele said they play their weekly.  Couldn't tell by what I heard!

I came home and headed out to dinner in the rain.  It was a good breezy wet day.  Naturally the neighbors had the back area full of people.  Sunday there was even more rain.  But between showers I snapped a picture to show the 'normal' number of cars they have show up weekends.  This is not the 'huge' parties where there are another half dozen cars crammed into 3 places.  Technically they only have 'one' place but they leak over constantly.  Grrrr.  Yes there are five cars squeezed into two places.  Lovely.  NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment