Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moon Madness

I liked the Super Moon the next morning more than the night of the moon.  It's been crazy lately.  Folks in traffic aiming for me and my car.  The drama and traumas with work and around the compound.  I wasn't there but I guess my one neighbor went a bit crazy on Saturday.  She has had a number of folks 'living' with her.  One is a guy who told a good friend of mine that she was his 'meal ticket'.  Yeah, lovely no?  Then another acquaintance who is mooching off her and sleeping outside on the couch in the small patio area that I have to walk by to get to the laundry room.  That wasn't a lovely slice of scenery Saturday morning.  A homeless lady going through withdrawals and her lizard like 'friend' sleeping on the air mattress in her living room.  So I guess it hit some sort of crisis over weekend and I haven't seen any of them. 

I was actually able to get outside and enjoy the backyard this weekend.  The landlord must have heard that I've been looking to move.  They didn't have a huge party on Sunday with a dozen people and half dozen kids so I was able to enjoy the yard and pool with my friends.  It was wonderful!  I'd picked up the ingredients to make Chinese food Sunday but we all ended up nibbling on veggies and fruit instead so last night I cooked.  I had forgot how tasty the dishes are.  I'll get the recipes up on Piker Press sooner or later.  But here's a snap.  Chicken with Walnuts and Chili Shrimp.  White rice and it was a meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment