Thursday, April 12, 2012

April sky

Haven't had a heck of a lot of time the past few weeks.  Ever since I was so sick on St. Patrick's day there's been a feeling of catching up while still catching my breath.  One of my co-workers (an older man department manager) ended up in the hospital for two weeks with the nonsense I had.  I don't know if he quit smoking but I can't fathom drawing in smoke on top of the lungs filled with ick.  *shugs* but then I've never been a smoker.

I didn't get the positions I applied for but it has been amusing watching the spinning.  Lead position has been filled twice in the past two months.  The one gal lasted through the interview and accepted the offer then lied on her application.  If you say you have a degree you sure as heck better be able to produce it.  The other guy lasted two days then called off sick.  Not just one day but over a week.  Yesterday the email came out that Anthony was no longer with us.  Duh, like he ever was?  I was asked by a friend if I was going to reapply and I said no that I told the director when we interviewed I wasn't going to reapply if they didn't successfully fill the position but he'd have to ask me.  I sort of knew they'd have issues.  I was told by another employee that they really wanted to hire from outside the company.  And how's that working out?  *laughs*  I can't sweat these things. 

Last night I was talking with my older brother as he and his family wandered around the Chinese Gardens at the Huntington Library up in Los Angeles.  My sister-in-law snapped pictures of both my brother and my niece.  So looking at them bundled up (cold blustery day there) I snapped a picture out front of my area.  You'll notice all the kids running around playing and the great sunset.  Yeah, 70 something weather.  Three years ago there were only two kids on the street now I think at least a dozen.  Totally weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment