Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Well the 'huge' storm was not so huge.  There were tornado warnings and serious looking newscasters but it didn't happen.  There were like only 5 booms at o'dark Saturday but then other than some rain nothing worth dragging out my camera or finding the steps to the basement.  Yes, I live in a place that actually has a basement.  It's more like a root cellar in my mind because it is musty and 'unfinished'. Not dirt floors but not like the basements of my family in Kentucky.

Those folks knew how to build basements!  Fully finished with bathrooms, kitchens, washer and dryer not to mention tons of games and couches.  If bad weather sent you underground it wasn't a hardship.  I never went more than two feet inside the basement in Detroit because my landlord used it as a junk heap.  The tornado or two that I watched spin by in Michigan was viewed from the front door.  Yeah, I know supposed to duck and cover and kiss your ass goodbye but that wasn't in my nature. 

Work hasn't got that much better.  The rain kept the kids out of the pool but not the party away.  Oh, let's not forget that the new folks decided to get the kids a puppy.  Yes, a puppy.  A yipping ball of fluff.  Two months old, unfixed male with that small dog yipe.  I don't even know if the landlord knows.  Looked at two more places this weekend.  I can't do a summer of that crap.

Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment