Thursday, December 29, 2011

Time ticking ever so fast

This cloud bank seduced me the day after Christmas.  The dark colors framed by the lighter sun kissed clouds.  Again I have a four day weekend pending in mere hours with the illusion (or should that be delusion?) that I will get writing done and pictures snapped.  I did get some last weekend but they are mostly people filled and I am not one to paste up my friends without good reason (Wanted....for cookie theft). 

New Years Eve has always been an unwelcome holiday for me.  Some of the lousy things that have happened in my personal life tended to happen on or around the holiday.  My family is rather littered with deaths throughout the holidays that are pretty much taken for granted ("Oh, gee two days off with pay wonder who's going to be buried?") but those aside I've had some lousy luck with this particular one.  The last few years have been nice but still buried in my mind are the more horrific events.  I am working on killing off those deep seeded demons with my writing and walking and I seemed to have made some progress.  I am not good at making resolutions since I think it is a daily quest to better ones self for the future and the afterlife.  Unlike my characters I do believe in an afterlife and no it is not filled with fangs and fur.

Here's wishing everyone the best in the coming year.  Fur and fangs notwithstanding.

2 comments:

  1. And Happy New Year to you also, La.

    I remember at Mass on Jan. 1, 2000, our pastor opened his sermon by saying, "Welcome to the century where we all going to die." It's true. So enjoy life -- we only have 88 more years left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, my friend.

    Time really does fly by. I keep thinking that in only six more weeks, it will be time for me to plant my tomatoes again ... Yay!

    ReplyDelete