Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Thoughts

Okay I'm a slug.  I admit it.  Here it is nearly a week past NaNo and I've yet to get back into writing.  Bad me.  I've been busy - but who isn't in these times? The company annual Holiday Party was a blast.  I took snaps and sent them out this morning.  It's nice to see co-workers relaxed and having a good time.  A few folks worried I was going to paste them up on Facebook or something.  That's not my style.  I love taking pictures but they are for me.  At times writing promps and other times just shared memories.  My mom is crazy about photos.  We have to put the date on the snaps and where taken.  She marks her home calendar with the days she takes pictures so later she can have the exact moment the phote captures.  Now she doesn't do scrapbooking but her own photo albums.  Both sisters-in-law swear they are burning the evidence the day of my mom's funeral.  They aren't kidding at times.  My mom has the ability to take the worse pictures of the most beautiful people with a casual disregard if the person is insulted.  Hence the hostility. 

For years I took pictures of only scenery and things.  Never people.  I've learned to ask permission and take pictures and have some warm memories of long dead family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment