Thursday, December 15, 2011

Time keeps on slipping away

I'm amazed at how fast 2011 has unfolded.  The year has brought many challenges and changes.  Not all bad but some not so happy.  Death of two friends within weeks of each other earlier this year still resonates at times with me.  When I saw both of them last Christmas I hadn't realized that was the last time for them. 

Seeing my family was a fast paced joyful experience.  It was nice to meet my nephew's little girl and even experience (is that the correct word?) Chuck 'E Cheese at my age.  I still loved the fact that they had a habitrail (like hamster and mice live in when folks think rodent belong inside the house) for the kids.  I did wonder how many times they have to take the structure apart to get little kids out of the tubes.

Last week I finally got to putter around the waterways around my corner of the globe.  It was fun and the company outing was paid for so it didn't cost me a dime to see how the other half lives.  My co-workers didn't believe me when I kept saying I wouldn't want to live in most of the places.  They were fishbowls and far too accessible.  I like more remote locales.  So when I start selling my novels for 'real' money that's where you'll find me.  The corners of the backwaters.  I think it suits my writer's brain.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your choice of the backwaters. I am discovering more and more that I fit the Catholic Encyclopedia definition of hermit, "those who fled the society of their fellow-men to dwell alone in retirement."

    It's a way better lifestyle than I had imagined.

    ReplyDelete