Thursday, August 4, 2011

August Dog Days



Okay so I have been remiss in writing here this week.  Let's start the list.  Landlady going back and forth with her usual insanity.  I answer her politely then do my documentation.  She has no legal legs and I am not ready to move right this second.  But that said mother nature may do her own relocating of stuff in South Florida this weekend.  The tornado missed me by two towns.  That's okay I saw a few of those up close and personal when I lived in Michigan.  I haven't seen a hurricane so this may be my chance.  I filled gas tank this morning and began to download pics from my camera so I can clear my memory card :)  Yeah, I'll be snapping pictures. A few of you may recall my photos from the fires I was evacuated from my house about four years ago October in Southern California that I took. 

This past weekend was filled with laughter and sorrow.  One of my friends here had to do another intervention for her 19 year old daughter.  We still had "Christmas in July" but Sunday instead of Saturday like planned because she'd been crying all morning after getting her daughter to commit to a month in a program.  Drugs, alcohol, stupid choice in men coupled with possibly anorexia meant her once stunning daughter is little more than a battered, bruised shell.  Less than 100 pounds and dying by inches.  With the death of Amy Winehouse my friend decided she didn't want to be burying her daughter in a few years and her ex hubby and his wife helped. 

Also the other friend who I spend most of my weekends reading my tales to pool side got in a car accident on Friday night.  She was the victim of a hit and run.  She's sore and her car's in the shop but she's alive.  Her car jumped the curb and went into traffic in the opposite direction and lived to tell the tale.  She also joined us with our Christmas in July party.  It ended up being funny and silly and just what we all needed.  Facebook has the pictures from that jaunt.  My two friends dressed like Christmas Ho Ho Hosssss.....you'll see!  I went for the more conservative support of my Jewish friends and went with silver, white and light blue!  We had turkey and all the trimmings.

Walked into a buzz saw at work on Monday.  One of my co-workers unfortunately had her sister die from a heart attack on Friday and hasn't been into work since.  I had to close month end and do her job.  It's been brutal.  Now the proper programs didn't work closing the month so we are behind in work.  *sigh* it's all good right?

I did my Spam piece today at lunch.  I figured I wasn't sure when I'll be able to get online if the weather turns ugly.  The lightning storms have been spectacular but I've not perfected snapping those shots...yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment