Friday, May 25, 2012

I can see clearly now....

Yes, the rain is gone.  At least for now.  After ten or more days in a row of rain I was starting to wonder if I was supposed to be building a boat in my basement.  And yes, I do have a basement so it's not me being 'literary' or 'silly'.  Okay, I'll give you that I am silly.

Work has been madly chaotic.  Transitions all over with new folks coming into the company and old ones leaving.  My past supervisor when I first started here tendered her resignation Tuesday and is gone as of two or so hours ago.  The department director picked up a couple dozen bagels and a card was passed around.  That was it.  She'd been with the company over five years.  Completely odd to me.  The past few jobs I'd been in when I gave notice it was a big deal.  I had folks give me gifts and parties. 

Writing again.  I never really stop, my brain is constantly doing storylines and zigzag connections for what I want to get into my tale.  Oddly my current work up on Piker Press is about to catch up with actual hurricane season.  Who knows I may be getting some up close and personal experiences to clutter into the tale.  At some point I need to wrap up Jerry's little war and get back to the West Coast vampires.  Heaven only knows what troubles they've gotten into while I have kept my vamps on the East Coast.  Then there's that odd little tale I have a bucket of words in about "Good Morning" picture. 

Neighborhood has been slightly odd lately.  The party crowd that had been ruining my back commons area have kept it down to a reasonable sort but the other neighbor in the other half of that duplex has had the cops at her door at least three times I know about since Sunday.  Sunday when I was out watching a bad Johnny Depp movie (yes, Sand, I saw it but still liked it in that dark guilty pleasure sort of way) and having a late lunch with my gal pals there was an incident.  The neighbor has had homeless folks and a younger guy living with her.  Well the younger guy had a girlfriend when my neighbor decided he was perfect for her.  A month or two later the ex-girlfriend finally stalked them down.  Rocks through windows and mad screaming matches.  Slice of heaven huh?  Middle of Monday/Tuesday (around 1:30 am Tuesday morning) I saw more cops cars and she was yelling at cop who suggested she should kick the new boyfriend to the curb if she wanted to stop the drama.  Naturally she didn't.  So who knows what this long weekend will bring.  Hopefully writing time and some more rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment