Monday, February 13, 2012

Time to recharge

I realize it sounds like whining when I say it was cold this weekend - but it was.  Mid forties in the morning and I had to actually put on shoes and a jacket.  Naturally by the end of the day I was back in shorts and a t-shirt with flip-flops but still just sayin'.  I had things tentatively planned for this weekend that I pretty much blew off and did things I had procrastinated.  I've been adding one to two hours of overtime a day to my work lately because of manpower shortage and my own inability to perform substandard.  Still haven't heard a word about one of the jobs I applied for but the other has been filled from outside (pretty much a given since the job is two positions thrown together and all my coworkers know this while an outsider wouldn't realize they were getting shafted by the pay). 

So I caught up with real mail.  Called a few folks I owed calls. Paid bills and baked cookies.  Yep.  The painted sugar cookies.  At least the cookies are baked.  I've yet to frost them and paint them and that may or may not happen.  I did find out the link on the page where I used to be able to purchase the Bark and Barkley editable powdered food colors is dead.  *sigh* Darn economy.  I'll have to beg my SIL to find some up in Mammoth at the quaint (aka spendy) little store that she used to buy them. 

Next weekend is the annual small town parade for my little corner of the globe.  Already have heard from a few folks they plan on stopping over.  I am hoping it isn't pouring rain like it did on and off all week.  But it is February and it still pops up to nearly 70 degrees on the bad days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment