Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mid Month chaos

My immediate supervisor is out on medical until next week.  My supervisor's boss our team supervisor for both my division and the international division has been buried in meetings with Guatemala and Costa Rica folks so she has delegated much of the job to me that my lead normally does and she'd normally help do.  Add in I've been keying for the other division all the utilities since they are so far behind it's a wonder I can even see the computer.  So that said, I get in for mid month close this morning and see the job postings for my company.  The job I interviewed for two weeks ago is off the board and nobody offered me the job so I am pretty sure that means they got someone else. 

It's not like I'd work any differently than I already am doing for the company, as my dad says 'Your paid by the hour then work - doesn't matter what it is.'  Which I totally get, having grown up with a moralistic work ethic that seems to have been brain bleached out of far too many folks.  But I would have liked to hear from HR or my manager/big boss that the position had been filled.  Seeing the missing job posting this morning just sort of sucked.  I risked - granted.  And honestly I really don't want that job.  Still it is bad business.  My team supervisor told me she thought that I'd gotten the job.  Nice to be supported so firmly by an upper management sort.  She was hoping I'd be a team leader because it reflects well on her leadership and the company's intentions of hiring from within first.

That said, I am not blowing off this weekend's Founder's Day to work more overtime for the company.  And I probably won't do it next week either.  I think I need to cut back the overtime and just watch.  Hard for me to do but I think it's necessary.  I've been working OT on and off for two months now.  Sadly the government is getting the lion's share on the extra monies due to the taxes.  To quote a fave friend of mine 'Just sayin' ya know?'

3 comments:

  1. Yes. Have a bit of a rest, and then, when you feel the urge to burn up the track, go back to some OT. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance, La, balance. You are conscientious, so you will do what needs to be done. But remember yourself as well. They will suck you dry if you let them, so make sure you take of yourself.

    ReplyDelete