Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My 100 post

So does that mean I am supposed to get a cake and make an episode to be shared with YouTube?

Nevertheless...life is lifelike.  I haven't talked about my work much lately because I've been waiting to see how it all shakes out.  There has been a mass exodus in my division causing our reviews to be delayed nearly a month past the due date.  I had mine on Monday.  It was probably one of the most favorable reviews that I've had in a very long time.  First off the manager gave me a 2% overall raise just because she thought my current pay wasn't 'market rate' and then on top of that I received a 4.5% raise.  Now this is a company with only 3 choices for answers on the review - Satisfactory being the highest?  Wow, in my old careers that meant your body temp was average and you were in your chair.  Seriously.

Now here's the kicker.  I was actively encouraged by a number of folks in management to apply for the new positions posted.  This morning I sent in the paperwork for two. One is Lead and the other Supervisor.  While I truly qualify for Lead since I've been doing that job without the title for over a half dozen months I was a tad apprehensive about the Supervisor job since it is for two divisions.  Who knows.  All I can say is I risked.  One of my unspoken resolutions was to be open to things normally I would shy away from in life.

We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Go for it. We need responsible and competent people in positions of authority.

    I personally am past being responsible or competent. I'm concentrating on being responsive and continent.

    ReplyDelete