Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dream hangover

It was interesting to see Bernie's posting about dream hangovers today.  I was having an intense dream about rescuing a small creature that someone was shouting was a mouse.  I pulled it free from the watery area where it was nearly dead and began to feed it canned tuna that I'd somehow magically knew to press through a sieve.  The creature stirred and purred and began to expand at a rapid rate. 

Soon I was holding a solid gray smokey colored cat that I immediately called Greystoke from the Tarzan novels.  I wasn't even precisely sure it was Greystoke or Greystroke (still not and haven't bothered to google it).  The cat was holding my arm cherishingly and had it's claws carefully sheathed.  I pulled the cat up because someone kept saying it was a girl kitty and I quickly noticed it was obviously male.  I have never owned a male cat (have issues with cats that can spray musk - go figure).  I woke missing that damned dream cat.  Solid and patient cat. 

Then I read Bernie's blog and saw the pics of the house cat that frequents their home and smiled.  I get dream hangovers both good and bad.  I was happy to have had a good one.  But I still am missing the smokey colored cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment