Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Heat is On

With the warm waters off shore and the blazing days of August the evenings aren't dropping below 80 degrees at night.  It means I take many walks to feed the local state bird (mosquito naturally) and hope to get a cooling breeze to break up the sweat.  The sky gets my attention all the time because of the layers of clouds and different types of clouds.  I tried to snap a picture of dog shaped clouds on way into work this morning but haven't uploaded them yet to see how they turned out.

I did get some more words in yesterday.  I want to write all weekend and am hoping for some weather to keep the visitors down.  It never seems to work that way.  The weekends that are supposed to be rained out end up gorgeous and I have friends visiting and enjoy the pool.  The weekends I have predictions of zero chance of rain end up being gully washers (old western movies talked about them when the rains would slosh down the sides of the sandstone canyons and cause the 'crick' to rise and threaten the town).

*crosses fingers for rain*

No comments:

Post a Comment