Friday, March 30, 2012

March going out warmly

Seasons blur here but never so much as the past few months.  No real winter to speak of and the few days the temperature dropped down below sixty I saw folks swaddled like it was twenty below.  Completely weird.  The rainy season never commenced other than a few damp weekends which means water restrictions (that are pretty much ignored) and potential for bad fires (a few so far but more on horizon).  The bad side of the warmer winter is the trees and bushes think it is full spring and have dumped pollens and other allergens into the environment with little signs of slowing.  Having been horrifically sick two weeks ago the additions of pollens and such have just prolonged my hacking and coughing out bits and pieces of my lungs - or so it seems. 

The sky had been clear on and off so I have got some good evening shots.  But I still want the rains to clear out the air.  It is supposed to hit the mid eighties this weekend.  Ugh.  Oh well, what do I expect so far down south?




1 comment:

  1. Do what you told me to do -- hit that saline solution in the sinuses big time.

    My sympathies, though. Citrus bloom is about to hit here, and I'm very afraid ...

    ReplyDelete