Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life's little ironies

So after my babble about the Internet and going back to good old fashioned letter writing I went home to write my cupcake story.  I opened up the laptop, dusted off the screen (with a computer wipe not like my hand) and hit the start button.  To my shock my puter reached out and touched an unsecure WiFi.  Naturally I ran my virus protections and put on plastic latex..oh wait...I mean....ooops....suddenly it connected!  I got to catch up with family and friends who happened to be awake and near the computer for a hour or so.  I uploaded/downloaded (pasted on the stupid page) some pictures from recent forays into humanity.  And the best part was I got to write the recipe story and didn't have to retype the recipes but was able to snag them from my email and drop and write. 

So mocking the net can be helpful!  I don't know if I'll be around later online but at least I got a glimpse of a few missing folks.  And some who not only have my phone number but my email also!!!

2 comments:

  1. Irony, indeed. You may have been online but I was working until VERY late. Although, come to think of it, I would have seen you online had you been online, so maybe it wasn't ironic at all. Maybe your unsecured network owner wised up.

    I'll check again in the morning. Saturday morning, that is.

    ReplyDelete