Monday, November 7, 2011

NaNoWriMo week 2

The pep talks arrive and I scan them at NaNo.  Most of them are amusing to some degree.  Others I shrug and have to acknowledge the odds of me ever reading the author's own works slide into the abyss of 'no way'.

My weekend was full and I actually kept my word count on track to my amazement.  I did in fact make chili and a triple chocolate cake (both in a way 'reward' for me).  I also got my oil changed and filters replaced as a nod to RidgeWalker and his past job.  I can't say it was a career because it was little more than a job while keeping his sanity in an upside down world.  I felt smug at having met my car's most basic needs.  Weird huh?

Suzanne and I got some sun and story read in between brief sprinkles.  We also consumed a bottle of wine each over the two days.  Decadence in the most extreme.  Add in she brought a monster club sandwich we split I considered it was a good weekend.  A healthy respect for the rumbles of thunder kept me from actually getting in the pool.  Next weekend weather permitting. 

The Complex - my NaNo - is going along in a nice fun pace with some twists and turns my sleep deprived mind can concoct.  I really have no choice - I have to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment