Friday, August 9, 2013

Dog days of Summer

Yes, this is the sky for most evenings.  Drizzly rain at times and then thunder accented by lightning and sudden downfalls.  August is hot and nasty so naturally the A/C shut off Wednesday.  I came home to nearly 90 degrees inside the house.  The landlord said it would be fixed on Thursday.  It was but late Thursday.  Two days of hot, muggy weather and I am exhausted.  Add in naturally I had to cook.  My friend's mother in her 90s passed last month so a group of us had a celebration of life party for her last night.  I was the volunteer for desserts. 

Cream puffs and eclairs - which thankfully I had baked the puffs on Tuesday - but had to whip the cream when I got home yesterday in only high 80s temp.  The bitch of it was I'd promised to make banana cream pie with meringue topping.  I had bought all the ingredients before I got home on Wednesday or I would have wiggled out of it.  So at 10 pm I baked the pie since it wasn't like I could sleep in that heat. 

Now the skies are filled with the dust of Africa.  Seriously.  The dust blows across the Atlantic Ocean and onto US soil.  Plus side is the fabulous sunrises and sunsets because of all the particles in the air.  Also pushed hurricane patterns away from us.  Major minus is my house was open and the pollen count is through the roof and most of my life.  *cough cough *

Work is still "peachy" (ie hard pit in the middle surrounded by rotting fruit).  Changes in the wind from everything I am hearing and seeing.  The mid August bonuses have been delayed which is causing more and more rumors to swirl. 

That's about all I have the energy for now.  I hope you are all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment