Friday, July 22, 2011

Warm all over

So the local paper had to point out that the 90 plus weather with heat indexes of 100-110 was normal for July to August here and basically telling Floridians to suck it up.  I laughed since I already knew that was the mentality around the state.  Like Bernie pointed out...gators in Florida...go figure!

Storming nightly so I don't get online to write as much as I'd like since I have a healthy respect for electricity running down lines and zapping people into submission or caskets.  Florida has the highest rate of deaths by lightning.  And remarkably enough most of them are men - "Honey, I just want to get in another round of golf, the storm's blowing over"  Uhuh.  Lightning can travel something like five miles in clear skies to tap a person. 

Dunno too much more.  Heat, record high or not, is still draining.  The office chaos is still that.  Next week they rip up carpeting in my area and slather down the toxic glues to better enhance my working experience.  Like the boxing of files and offices that haven't been dusted in ten years hadn't already put enough stuff in the air to cause me to cough up a lung daily.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment