Thursday, July 7, 2011

July coming in like winter

Just finished reading Ridgewalker's blog.  His image of the dark lady reminded me heavily of death's shadow.  For me I read the piece and nodded.  I get the dark mistress that pushs, pulls and prods me along life's winding path ignoring all the signposts along the way to different meadows.  The joke two things that are inevitable are death and taxes.  I would add change.  For me in my world, it seems change is a constant. 

The remodeling in the office building is on-going.  I can't eat my lunch in the cafeteria any more since they are dumping things there while they paint. Dust is stirred up constantly and the a/c is set on ice box (for the youngsters that's what growing up both my parents had for a refrigerator a closed box that they put in large blocks of ice to keep everything 'cold' and ice cream was a treat you had at the local dime store and the soda jerks would make the treat).  Good news is we can wear jeans and thus I only pull on my jacket once or twice a day.  Literally my nose is cold as are my fingertips.  Ridiculous when you consider it's 80 to 90 degrees outside even while raining!

Another area of concern and change is my living arrangement.  My landlord and landlady told us tenants a month or so ago they were getting a divorce and the units run my landlord would be handled by his wife.  Long story short...now they aren't getting divorced but the landlady is in 'charge' and her favorite word is 'change'.  She harassed one of the tenants so much he moved out immediately.  She is trying to 'upscale' a run down beach community set of units by charging everyone $200 - $400 more a month.  They are upside down on their mortgage and seek to pass on their poor business decisions to the unfortunates living there. So far she's given out tons of unenforceable and illegal new 'rules' along with demands. Oh, wait she put mulch bark into the landscaping that is washing away every time it rains - skilled huh?  She comes over every night and pounces on one of us spewing her vile insanity.  I am nodding and doing what I can to placate her while looking for another place and documenting all the nonsense.  Highly stressful. 

Good news is I am writing quite a bit due to all the mess!
Middle of picture is a turtle with its nose up.

1 comment:

  1. You got bark mulch? That is like so Beverly Hills. I bet even Paris doesn't have new bark mulch. You are soooo lucky.

    ReplyDelete