Monday, July 18, 2011

Murky

Middle of July and the heat is in the 80's to 90's with heat indexes coasting around 100-107.  Afternoon thundershowers and rain just serve to make air you can nearly see as you breath.  I got some editing done this weekend but not much in the way of writing.  The landlady has shown up pretty much every day even though the new guy moved in on Friday.  He's a lifeguard in his late forties, divorced and has a serious case of arrested development.  His unit has the cannabis aroma wafting from it constantly leading me to think perhaps they don't drug test at his job.  The landlady hasn't got a whiff yet or she'd go postal.  She is anti-pretty much everything.  She's trying to be nice but still I don't trust her.

I spent some time out this weekend.  Suzanne was over and I read my latest bits from The Building and did minor edits on the later episodes.  The sun felt good after the rains from earlier in the week but Sunday I didn't get out much other than under the canopy of the common area because I'd got enough sun on Saturday.  She and Jackie, my other neighbor, toasted themselves golden crispy while I talked with Cathy, a friend who can't be in the sun at all, sipping adult beverages and catching up.  We are supposed to head to the movies soon but Jackie and Cathy both weaseled out of going to see Cowboys and Aliens.  Suzanne and I both want to see that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment