Monday, November 9, 2015

NaNo over 10K


Life tends to plan while I try to live.  That said I brought home some nummy See's candies from my visit home last month.  Stuffed the box above in the produce keeper drawer where I would nibble a piece after long days.  I have been pretty good because my writing time has been slashed to minutes and dreams some days but still I like what I am doing. That means my treats are lasting longer!

I started with an idea for Piker Press http://www.pikerpress.com for the Day of the Dead and stuffed it into my NaNo box instead.  Basically my short stories for previous Piker Press work netted a zombie tale years ago.  I mean like nearly ten.  During this time Zombies became the rage.  Hell, I'd already done it.  Smug I figured I'd toss together a bit of a creepy tale and suddenly my brain was being devoured. Thus I started 'Night Job' on November first for NaNo.  Up to 11K right now and aiming for another thousand before I sleep.  Not on schedule for the NaNo numbers but a good weekend can catch me up if the world lets me do it.

Fun story and it's clearing cobwebs from this past year and creating more fun!

Hope you are all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment