Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Suddenly September

The sun was rising and banked light on the clouds drifting inland.  I found it oddly spooky.  I think because it reminds me of fire and smoke. 

September is here and now that the holiday has passed there aren't any 'real' days off barring a hurricane or vacation day burned until November and the Thanksgiving four days off.  I already have my notion for the next book in my series currently running "The Pursuit" which is a bit of a spoiler title if you are currently following the work in Pikers.  But that more than likely will be my NaNoWriMo tale.  Then I can coast...ha...I amuse myself.  I am really not one to stop writing for very long.  Well except when it is over 90 degrees inside the house and a hundred out.  Heat and writing do not mix for me. 

Relatively quiet weekend for me personally.  One of my friends had too much drama.  Some of it was self-deluded sort of nonsense that shouldn't happen once you are over the age of 15 - but then I never was very good at being a 'girly girl' type.  If someone is making you unhappy LEAVE.  Don't allow your self to be dragged back time and time again.  That old expression "first time shame on you...second time shame on me" does apply.  A poorly delivered bad/good excuse once is part of learning curve.  A repeat means get off the road.  I never was one to work myself up over and over again.  Also, driving by an ex-partner's home or their ex's home is wrong.  My aunt - who I love madly - has been one of those women.  She doesn't trust her man or herself on choices and she'll drive miles off her beaten path to just see 'if' they are somewhere they shouldn't be.  "Drive by" tune from the band Train......

So we'll see how the rest of the week shapes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment